Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mimosa Pool Party

Savannah & I volunteer each month at Mimosa, a nursing home, with several other mommies & kids. When I say "volunteer", we really just walk around visiting the residents holding hands, giving hugs, high fives & blowing kisses. The residents love company & a parade of children makes them smile more than anything. This month, we decided to throw a pool party there. We brought snacks, I made sugar cookies shaped like fish, we blew bubbles, sprayed water guns, rocked out to my Beach Boys mix cd (some of the ladies were singing along & dancing...so cute!) & let the kids be the center of attention in a pool. Everyone had a blast! I love this gentleman who pulled his chair right up to the splash zone! (below)




 Charlie, the Mimosa dog, came for a visit.

 The bubbles were a hit.
 Smart move by me: I gave the resident the only water gun that worked & Aiden the broken one : )
 Enjoying a cookie after their dip in the pool.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO bummed we missed this! Looks like it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete